Tuesday, October 03, 2006

3rd october, 2006; 1 day away from blog, though one day but there are also lots for me to say..

Monday, 2nd October 2006; was a pretty much good day for me. Its the module, Cultural issues. Learnt about Cultural Intelligence. The topic is pretty interesting to me, and my team made a good presentation of it. I felt more confident that day when I stood up for presentation, as if I gotten it back. haah, didn't I said before that I found my confidence to present dropping very rapidly? that's the point, I should had got it back. Regarding the results, I score A for that problem, but a comment by the faci that really makes me think,the individual comment goes like "Thank you for your participation in class today. You were certainly one of the more vocal members of your group (though in the third meeting, you were mostly active when questions were directed at your group and did not really ask other groups questions about their presentation)." thats the first paragraph, second paragraph is in relation to my RJ, so I drop that. hmm, is she trying to hint me on my interpersonal skills? hmm should I explain to her how i felt that day??

Tuesday, nothing much; just the debate. HAHA, got through!! I convinced partially of the class with my conclusion, but got to really thank my teammates, Kin Sheng,;Joan; Li Fen and Khad; thanks for their solid speech before my conclusion, then I can made a good conclusion. Anyway the topics is whether to outsource or not for RP D&D, my team is debating on we should use RP students more. It is a real challenge, because I had always share a mindset that, outsource would be a good solution to solve the inexperienced people in a company and of course I felt stucked at points of the debate. But nevertheless, it changed my mindset today, I made a strong stand, my conclusion was like " Students are inexperienced, but they are not unabled; we feel that, RP students should be given the rightful opportunity to gain experience through running a considerable major event for RP; of course the issue on inexperiency had to be addressed and I can assure that, advisors and experienced seniors will not let their juniors just as they are". Disclaimer: I edited some of my words up there ;)

Continuing to JUDO, finally I clear myself from other commitments to come for judo training, its like very rare to see me on the dojo. Felt so guilty. Of course absence pay a pricel; I LOSED AGAIN IN JUDO.. haiz.. can't throw properly, got whack like a doll... and so on. hmmm; but the last fight , I put in all my might, but I got head butt by HK, got wound on my lips now.. haiz.. there is some upcoming events that I hope I can get to it in judo. The grading test, the training camp and the IVP.... haiz.. tired always after JUDO.

hmm, guessed i had forgotten to blog about Business Climate that last saturday when the retreat happens. hmm, I am very glad that I had a strong impression as a talent to my seniors in BC. I found more the reasons to stay in BC now like I always do, BC really makes me learn alot of the business arena and boost my confidence to touch on external projects like the one I am doing, the workshop. I got a chance to do a project which might affect the publicity of BC, that would be the " SLA " hmm, I had a goal right now, I WANT TO ATTRACH AS MANY YEAR ONEs next year into BC. Hope to work with my senior closely and together, bring BC back into every RP student's mind.

Student Ambassador, as I am still wondering to be happy or sad for passing the probation. This pass would mean that I am officially appointed as Student Ambassador of Republic Poly. I asked Eugene, my mentor about how they progress in selecting the SAs, because I doubt my pass to be honest. I once talked to Hadi that I will leave SA since fundraising is my last event in SA, I doubt myself to have show large commitment, but I STILL GOT IN?? Frankly speaking, yes I have some unhappiness for myself in SA, but the main reason and is the largest REASON why i wanna leave SA is about time commitment!! Date back in the entries, I stated what I want to focus, adding SA into the list would mean I got myself a new title " SUPER BUSY MAN'

hmm, considering the SA issue; I find myself enjoying the previllages of leaving school early, listening to MP3, singing at home, playing games and etc. Am I ready to give up all this previllages to tie myself down with commitments like this???

No comments: