Friday, August 10, 2007

9th of August, National day; a day where all Singaporeans will remember and celebrate the independence of our nation.

So thus, I followed the gang of N~Zire to the Padang area to actually experience the atmosphere of this celebration. Kind of disappointed since we are unable to get the tickets for the parade and also failed to squeeze to the merlion park to get a close view of the parade. Thus we are left with no choice but to view the performance from the screen on Padang. Fortunately we are still able to view the fireworks and also some air performance. Well done, as I forgot to bring my camera so there is no pictures to show =( But its enough to actually have it in my mind and I swear I will try harder next year to get the tickets.

We joke about our own country, we curse and swear our leaders at times but its very heartwarming to myself that I'm still so happy to be in this nation. Without fail, I will feel the sense of patriotism when national day come and feel so proud when I see the flag flies in the air. It makes me feel that actually after all, we still love this nation of us. Since young, I had never fail to get excited when I am talking about enlisting into the National Service. It might sound very Singapore-educated for me to say that we should protect our own nation and Singapore owe no one a living; but come to think of it actually it all makes sense. Thus doing my best in the army which will soon be coming, had become one of my goal and a must-do principle. Despites all the unfortunate things I have, the failures and unhappiness I believe I will still do my utmost best to protect this country, not because the government taught me so but because this is where I mature, fall and stand up, my friends and most importantly its here where I got the sense of life.

Thats the patriotic paragraph above... M.E.L.T camp is on the run, and I hope I am doing fine as the project head and transparent to everything; I just don't like the feeling of being outdated. Holiday is coming, but it is never going to be a rest, there will be lots to do during this holiday, I will sum them all out in the next entry. Last but not least, I got another A for UT3 networking.. HAHAHA, looks like my target to score good G.P.A is on its run!! A series of happy and good things are happening to me, I love it and will cherish it just pray and hope that these will last longer =)

Thought of the day: I will learn to protect those I love and those who love me, the things I have and my style...

No comments: