Saturday, August 18, 2007

18th August 2007, 1:46a.m. It seems like all my post are very early. I have really had to declare myself an owl.

Just came back from the usual N~Zire Gathering. Guess some of you are already guessing what is N~Zire. Well simply enough we are just a group of secondary schools friends and friends with chemistry who all have extraordinary and special memories/capabilities which bonded us all so well together even today. Its also a group of leaders, with special thoughts and has been leaders in their own ways.

Its Don's birthday today, so N~Zire had a small celebration for him on the basketball court. Before that was a series of challenging and fun basketball matches. HAHA~~~ We continued playing till the lights are being switched off which follows a chit-chat on current issues and some philosophy(HAHA~~) One particular topic was brought up and I tried to answer as I know the answer but too bad I can't structure and organize my thoughts in time to answer it. The topic was changed since no one have definate answer. Anyway the topic was on what is the difference between Intelligence and Wisdom, and this topic came right after some discussion on the current issues.

After organizing my thoughts which was too late, I came out with these. Wisdom is about making decision and sometimes in the context of advising while Intelligence is about the ability to think and analyze in a way which is better than the other. High wisdom means you can make good and accurate decision and High intelligence means you are able to think more than normal people and analyze things which others might never thought of. Some are wise but not intelligent, some are intelligent but not wise, some have certain level of wisdom and intelligence and some are perfectly both. Some are intelligent where they can think and give good analysis or they have good ideas which they thought of, but they just don't know what to do with them or make wrong uses of them. Some are intelligent, but crisis starts to hit them, they might not know what to do or they might make wrong decisions. Likewise, some had no good and fantastic ideas, but he always know what to do next for his task and make good decisions all because he is wise. When crisis starts to hit them, they have no fanciful ideas to do and turn things upside down but they just know exactly how they could tackle it in reference to their expectations. Some will find themselves being wise at certain issues and intelligent to a certain extents. These sort of category which I believes most average man will fall into. Powerful people can be wise enough to make right decisions and intelligent enough to turn tides, understand things and make new ideas. Some are born with wisdom and making good decision are so easy for them, likewise some are born with this intelligence that ideas flow out of their mind like river. But however out from all these, nevertheless wisdom and intelligence can be gain through years and years of experience. Thats what I thought about the difference between wisdom and intelligence.

Personally I believe I am wise and to a certain extent intelligent. So far I have no problems in making decisions, most of my decisions are right which had not bring lots of problems to me and I generally solve problems with some wise decisions I made. Last but not least, I had council quite a number of people. But though I am blinded at times and made a few bad decisions but they don't usually bad that will cost my life or giving me agony. So far the worse decision I had made is to patch with my ex-girl friend which ended me up in a emotional entanglement. I have no regrets in most of my decisions but the best decision which I am still very happy about is that I decided not to appeal to other schools when i found myself posted to Republic Polytechnic. Seeing me enjoying good results and learning so well, I am happy that I had made this decision which had changed my life to a better end. Another one was to decide to talk and make my stand clear instead of keeping quiet and see things fly by in my team of M.E.L.T management which I saw results coming out which I am personally happy and confident about the camp once again.

Thats all.... hmm somehow I finding out that my perfectionist thinking is going up and is already inviting some people to loathe me. Have to do something to curb that, on my way to earn more respect and more acceptance like what I enjoyed during my OC era in SJAB. Giving myself that drive again...

No comments: