Sunday, September 02, 2007

September 2nd, 2007... Greeted by the alarm from my cellphone, with the song "welcome to my life". Indeed welcoming enough, reported to Bishan GV for work at 12 noon. I bargained with Jason to let me work at Bishan as I only know the procedures there, so just don't want to mix myself up.

To be frank, I really enjoyed working at GV as the promoter of the membership card. Its eyes-opening enough for me. You will get to see different kinds of people approaching you. Some customers are as blur as Sotong, some as aggressive as Lion, some are stubborn and some just don't know why they are there for. Out of all these of course there are some customers who I really enjoyed serving them. Wei Quan and I also enjoyed the splendid view of flowers maybe a couple of trees and bushes around at J8 =D*being cheeky*; well I mean there is alot of pretty girls to watch~! For Wei Quan he has to keep his eyes to himself since he already got his own babe but for me I am free to watch any girls!=D Too bad he have to constantly remind himself "路边的野花不能拆" whereas for me, I just have to remember "路边的野花随便拆" HA HA~~~Well its just the glare will do, I don't expect anything more than phone numbers from those girls. Besides that motivating factor, I am still waiting for my pay!!

Working with GV on this membership card which is a project of the marketing team, I saw some real good marketing strategies adapted by GV. Stuffs like free membership which will draw big crowd. The smart move I saw is the $6.50 movie ticket. For most, they will thought its $6.50 every day, but on closer look its actually every Tuesday only. I am an idiot to cinema and only know that it is a way for GV to 'con' and make big money thus I asked one of the marketing staff why must it be specifically on Tuesday. She told me because the rate of Monday and Tuesday is the lowest and on Wednesday the rate will increase till Sunday at $9.50. They don't wish to loss the $9.50 per ticket during the weekends, thus used the lowest rate to play with the consumer. In a way, people will be happy to see cheap movie tickets at the same time GV will see their cinema with life even on non peak days such as Tuesday and Monday. There are still a number of benefits as a member but I decided not to post it here as I am off duty now =D. I got a membership myself and the card looks something like that.



After this working experience, I am getting more interested in marketing and advertising together with retailing and sales.XD. And YEAH! I am set to what I want to take for my year 3 electives and core discipline.

I can't really rest for my holidays still as there are still things for me to complete and look into.M.E.L.T camp, I just hope it can get a green lights from Prem. Its my secondary school life's dream, to run a big camp. Though I was not old and professional enough to take the challenge that time, thus my chance had come today; just as much as anyone in the team I don't want to fail this camp.Judo training every Tuesday and Thursday, guess I have to start skipping some due to the project and also to give myself some break before I break down. On the relaxation part, adventurous week with N~Zire. Cycling around Singapore and toning out of home for 3 days 2 night. Its a personal camp that we had organized for ourselves, hmmm something is up my mind again... X) Together with some Gym to do, jogging and Physical conditioning. I am so going to brush up some skills in Flash and dream weaver in preparation of the new semester.

I guess that should be all for today.. Here I am waiting still for a call about the discussion... -_-''' Shall wait some more... Tomorrow will be swimming!!

No comments: