Saturday, June 14, 2008

June 13th, 2008. It's a bad friday! There is a chinese saying which says that the unawared are not affected. Pretty true, I had not even thought that its a bad friday today and fortunately and glad enough that nothing bad really happen.(Except some discomfort when i wake up, engine starting problem.)

Haaz, guess I had really been down and wondering alot for the past 2 weeks in my holidays. See, I'm just never contented with myself, always finding fault in me to change. And I wonder if I can take that as a self awareness test or what they call, NO LIFE BASTARD...

FYP and we are practically left with 15 man-days to complete(assuming Sat and SUn we slack); the most recent and devestating delay just took place which makes this a unfortunate chance to crash the timeline again. Suppose to finish cart module and make loan module by wednesday but.... Now we must start our testing this monday, prepare the test cases by wednesday and finish Unit Testing and debugging by the following Tuesday(latest) Then we'll proceed on to system integration testing and finish every thing by the following Monday. After which is a marathon to complete user guide, presentation materials and our final report( its quite an ambitious thingy to do now) The final report is not really easy, guess I'll have my teammates to start writing their final report to save time.

Just came back from N~Zire meeting and some of us shared with us their MP(major project) experiences which is also the same concept as our FYP. I heard them playing games during lab moments and so on, and their MP seems to be timeless and easily done. Whereas in RP, I see everyone so serious and racing against time to get their project done. Those who are more up to hands will be enjoying completing things as they plan while those who are stucked will show some signs of stress and begin searching high and low everyday for help. Guess RP had reached its mission to implement PBL, it had really trained all of us to be independent and professional in the things we are entitled to do. (OR isit because this is the big thing which determine your graduation?)

As for me, my FYP teammates might had started find me demanding and expecting too much from them in this project. Haaz, thats my bad I always have high expectations for myself and those around me; perhaps thats why I'm not as popular. But after so many failures, I really hate it and want to do the best in things that matters me. Since year 1, I am really determined to make my transcript the most beautiful thing.


Now I understand the concept of "selling yourself". The diploma cert is like a product you offer and your achievements and undertakings in school are like promotions . Bosses looking for the best to take the job are like consumers looking for the best promotion. Am I right?

Haaz, all these are easiler said than done but I believe I'm doing well. Nevertheless there are more about myself for me to explore and improve on.

No comments: